Spring term 2017
Our spring term topic is ‘what is load of rubbish!’ and we are kick starting the term with a school trip to Carymoor Environmental Trust.
Autumn Term 2016
This term Class 2 have had great fun working on our Superhero’s and monsters topic. We have had a very busy term, filled with lots of fun activities, some of these include:
* Designing and making our own textured monster.
* Writing lists of ingredients to create a yummy superhero energy drink which we all got to taste!
* Dressing up as superhero’s/monsters for the day and completely super teamwork challenges.
* Wrote instructions on how to make monster potions which we then tested on Mr Norton, who suddenly developed red spots (red pen)…sorry! Some of us were worried so we worked out a plan and checked up on him very hour until he was better. It’s a good job he was pretending as our potion was green and lumpy!
* A cinema trip to see ‘Trolls’.
Here are some of the children’s favourite bits:
Elliott said “I really liked making clay monsters because I like getting yucky”.
Poppy said “I really enjoyed superhero day because I liked wearing my superhero mask”.
Sam said “My favourite part was drinking the superhero energy drinks we made because it tasted scrumdiddlyumptious”.
Isla said “I really enjoyed making our monster potions because Mr Norton tried it”.
Also this term we had our first Art week which was a great success and resulted in some beautiful, artistic creations. During Art week we use a range of materials to make collages, painted a landscape, used charcoal to draw like Quentin Blake, learned about pointillism and created our own ‘dotty’ picture, and used pastels to do some observational drawings of fruit, which we then ate!
Autumn 2015 - Spring 2016
Our autumn term topic was 'Get Moving'. We learnt about different modes of transport and made some hot-air balloons. Our spring term project is 'Icy Worlds'. We have been finding out about how polar bears keep warm with blubber. Our literacy work has been mainly story writing, looking at different story genres. In music we have been drumming and dance has been our main focus in PE. In RE we have spent lots of time thinking about religious symbols and places for both Christians and Jews.
But our most favourite thing has been Forest School. We really enjoyed making Mud Monsters and building bridges. We also discovered that shapes (our Numeracy topic) are everywhere even in the woodland.